Saturday 30 March 2013

First words...

Greetings,

This is planned to be an on-line diary of my latest project - the building of a 2 seat Lotus 7 style kit sports car.

After much deliberation I have decided to go for the "Zero" made by Great British Sports Cars near Newark, England. It has an exciting, more aggressive, serious fun look and feel about it than other cars I considered  It's also very good value and I was impressed with the factory setup when I visited. I'm building the new Mazda donor based kit and have recently acquired a very tidy 1996 1.8l MX-5 for the job.

Please remember any views expressed are my own, and whilst I’ll make every effort to ensure the contents of every post is factually accurate I take no responsibility for loss or damage to anyone or anything acting on anything written here.

Further posts as I make progress, or lack of. Comments and questions welcome.

Jon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,

    I have just found your blog after an attempt to find other Mazda Zero builders. You look to have made easy work of the MX5 compared to myself! Have a look at my blog, might give you a few helping ideas...or most likely tell me where I've gone wrong! Haha.

    Good luck with the build, I'm guessing you're at the earliest part of the delivery date by now, so the excitement is starting to set in? :)

    Regards,
    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zack,

    Thanks for getting in touch. I just found your blog and enjoyed reading it. The bracket on my differential has quite a curve to it as well although I do not believe it is the LSD version. I was wondering what to do about it as to grind it flat would not leave enough metal to safely attach it to the chassis. I will be looking to see how you get on...

    That Mazda I took apart was so rusty there were times I thought the parts wouldn't be any good. Worth a better look next time I think. Attacking the diff with wire brushes and rust remover is working though and it's coming up well.

    Keep up the good work!

    Jon.

    ReplyDelete